Monday, October 13, 2008

MOSTAQILLA... I know what a lot will say to Mie after writting this!


A Decision...

80% of my time in university was for MOSTAQILLA, a student community that I believed in & joined, took most of my time in 4 years...
When I graduated I decided to let go and keep it as a nice yet a painful experience, not regretting it at all and if I went back in time, I'll join MOSTAQILLA again.
When I took that decision, I ONLY read some articles about all students communities, all of them. because I barely found anything related to MOSTAQILLA.

The Bad Feeling...

A year passed, then I found myself drifted into elections again! Like fresh graduates and old ones, we found our selves going to the university to see what was going on. Some were happy to see us, some thought we came to dance on their wounds... Whatever they were thinking of, it didn't change the fact that: everything was different! In a bad way...
Another year passed; I had the same expectations of last year (from bad to worse!) but this time I was wrong!
The Union Elections were last Sunday, recording an increase in the votes for MOSTAQILLA and other communities... I was happy, because this is the highest increase since a long while.
That night, a friend and I shared our thoughts on the phone for hours (we are both graduates) Yes! We were happy, but something felt wrong though!
I don't know how to say it, but there is a missing link here... I hope whatever I'm feeling is wrong because it feels so bad that I can't put it in words! Only days will prove if I was right or wrong...

Why Do I Care?!

It's hard to explain; being part of something for 4 years of your life is something big, and it is hard to let go completely of it. I don't think any of true believers can; even when you don't want to get involve, something drags you in! Actually, force you in. You just can't help it - and you like it :)

A Secret...
I have a small cabinet, where I kept everything related to MOSTAQILLA since I joined. The secret is: I like to open it once in a while and go through every paper, badge, picture, file, holders, press releases, campaigns, fights... It brings me joy & it makes me proud.

The Real Scale...

Great results in NUKS elections for MOSTAQILLA, and good luck in colleges' elections because they are the real scale of success or... failure!


Mie Mie

No comments:

Post a Comment