Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Woman Torn Apart -- 15 (A)

"shfee wayhech ta3ban?!" asked Saja

"ams kan wayed loya oo 3afsa" i replied

my eyes were redish, darkness around them and my face looked pale! I didn't sleep well and I have no clue how I went to work

"3asa ma shar?!" she was concerned

"el shar ma eyeesh; bs O5oy sawa 7adeth ams 3end bab betna!" i said

"ambeih! shloun?!"

"Wa7ed dash el frej mn jeha thanya, mesre3 oo chena e5tarab breaka; he lost control on his car, oo 6ela3 Ghazy eb wayha... oo da3amaw" I explained

Saja's eyes poped put "Oo 3asa ma9ar fy shay?!"

"la bs ratha bra9a.. El 7amdillah"

"eeh el 7amdillah! ya 3umry 5a6ach el su"

"5a6ach el laash" I said with a smile; how kind is this lady with me?! :) I like how she doesn't ask too many questions about a certain thing... mu malgufa!





What was remaining of the week passed with nothing new; people from everywhere visited our house to console my parents for 3 days! The house was packed with mum's sisters, relatives, sisters in law and her friends. While our Diwaniya was crowded with men who knew dad or my brothers. My sisters visited us more than usual as wll as my BOMA brothers stood by dad.

Of course the weekly gathering was -as usual- packed with nephews, nieces, my brothers' wives as well as my sisters' husbands. Mashallah everyone was there to support mum and dad as well as checking on Ghazy, 7abib el jamee3, who was recovering ;)

Work was calm too! Same routine forced it self for 3 weeks. My boss, '9ary, extended his vacation to 2nd week on January. Marwa was weirdly silent but I didn't care; in fact it felt better to have her mouth shut for a while!

Nahed, on the other hand, would have an occasion or event to attend, EVERY WEEKEND! Mashallah she is a social bee with "less luck in men" as she descripes.

Saja was the same, adorable and sweet! I finally arranged a catch up between Saja and Maryoum, they seemed to like each other and got along well. We would go out every weekend for dinner at T.G.I FRIDAYS, cinema at Sharq and coffee at one of the Starbucks.


A7mad and I... well you can say that things were "fine" nothing new in our relationship and weirdly no fights! He gets frustrated when I hang out in the weekend, but once he hears Saja's name, he calms down saying:

"Dam Saja ma3akoum, ana a6aman!"

Believe me, you don't want to hear the cracky lousy excuses for what ever he says!



Every year, we celebrate New Year Eve ever in Challet or Camping. This Year, Dana -who is pregnant in her 2nd month with a second baby- proposed to throw a party at our basement. At first, mum disagreed and went crazy for the proposal, but when Dana said...


"Om S3ud el Na7s! el 7afla betkoun bs ahalna, ya3nee 5alaty oo Om Maryoum, 5wela Luluwa, 7arem O5wany el melaq oo cham wa7da mn refejatna!"




"LA2 YA3NEE LA2!" Mum affirmed



Dana and 7essa came over to our house with their kids on a Wednesday for dinner, She5a the practical was one her way.


I was sitting next to 7essa, eating nuts and listening their discussion


"t-hagein Omi tertha?!" i asked 7essa

"la2, bs e5tch Dano mu hayna!" she replied

"arahnch ena bensawy el 7afla, oo Omi eb tertha!" daring her!

"5asrana! 3ala cham?!" getting excited!

smilling with confidence "50 dinar!"

Suddenly...

"7essa! ta3alay shufay omch!" Dana yelled!



Both 7essa and I turned toward them and asked "Shfekoum?!"



"Omkm mu rathya tefham leish nsawee el party?!"



"maku ya3ny maku!! wein ga3din?! ana ma a7eb el mas5ara oo el 7achy el fathy!"



"Yuma!! ana ma aby arou7 el mu5ayam! ma agdar w ana 7amel oo darb!!! Ma aby!!!" Dana insisted!



"la tro7un entay oo raylch!" 7essa suddenly interfered



Dana turned into a devil with red eyes, tail and the thorn! She didn't know there was a bet going on and it was 7essa's own benefit if she supported mum! I knew the war started!


"Sheno ya3ny matyee?! Dana E5tna oo rayelha wayed zain ma3ana; oo ohwa thuna2y raylch! Ohma el jaw kela... etha mayoon, yseir malaqa!" I defended Dana


"ya ba3ad ahaly ya 3awashy! Etha ana oo raylee ma yeena, meno ywanskoum?! Lamyoo oo Soho?!" Dana said flaming fire at 7essa! LOL


"latgoulin chthy 3ala 7amawatch! 3eib" Mum demanded!

"materthen 3ala 7amawaty, bs terthen 3alay?!" said Dana with a teary eyes! dmou3 el tamasee7!


"mu gasdy, bs mn meta nsawee 7aflat e7na?! oo shenu ngoul 7ag reyayeelna?!" 7essa said


"ma aby ..." Dana started crying! "entaw mu 5ayfin 3alay, a9lan ana adry bs taboun teftakoun meny oo ma9adagtaw meta atzawaj! Ana maly '3eir raylee! Allah ysame7koum" grabbing her bag and standing up to leave - drama queen! hehe


"Yuma!!! shlun teza3lin Dana!?" i said trying to prevent Dana from leaving "Dana ga3day kel mushkela laha 7al ... Yuma kelaha 7afla oo bas; leish mkabra el salfa?! e3tabreha 3azema mu 7afla!! yam3at 7areem ya3nee!" i continued


"Ohooooo! Omy galat la2 ya3ny la2!" 7essa said trying to win the bet


"Dano! ge3day oo 5alch mn 7arakat el yahal malotch! etha 3azema may5alef, bs 6ag6ega oo a'3any oo rags maku!" mum said

"ya3nee maku ru7at bar?!" Dana said wiping her fake tears


there was a sense of winning / losing a bet ;)


"ee 5alas ana aslan hal sena maly 5elg! Bs 3endy shar6; entaw tsawoun kel shay, oo ana anzel el serdab cheny ma3zouma!" Mum said

Dana came toward mum and hugged her while 7essa screamed "laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa2!" and i laughed!


"haw! 7essa yanetay?!" mum seemed upset!

I laughed sarcastically and explained "HAHAHA! entaw matadroun aku rehan bena! etha Omy rethat, 7esso ta36iny 50 dinar!"


7essa threw a pillow on me while mum said "7amdilla wel shikr!"


That was when She5a came in with a question mark on her face "shefkoum!?"

Dana excitedly replied "bensawee 7afla bras el sena bserdab beitna! Oo 6al3at el bar 7ag el reyayeel bas!"

"nice idea! bs hathela shfehoum ytkaf5oun bel ma5ad?!" pointing at 7essa and me!

"metrahnin 3ala 50 dinar etha bensawee el 7afla aw la2, oo 3awash fazat oo 7essa malzouma tedfa3 el 50" Dana explained with a smile

"i see" She5a sat down and poured some water

"baskoum yal meyanin! 7esso ... 7ESSO! HATHA OO ENTAY EL KBIRA! BAAAS" mum yelled at us!




New Year eve was on Monday that year; we had 5 days to get everything done and prepared! I got my 50 KD from 7essa, who took care of the catering. Dana the social bee took care of the decorations and inviting people. She5a was responsible of inviting Lamya & Souha; also helping mum in convincing Dad to throw the party ! I mean "yam3at 7areem" ;)

I was responsible of the music with the help of Maryoum & Rawan. We also helped Dana in decorating the basement.


My sisters & I invited some of our closest friends; I surly invited Saja who was very excited to meet my mum, sisters & Rawan whom I always talk about them!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued ... A Woman Torn Apart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Mie Mie

No comments:

Post a Comment